Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Littlest Birder

Now, Andy and I realize that kids often grow up thinking their parents' hobbies are totally lame... which is the reason we haven't bought too many bird-focused toys for Aiden or even taught him how to recognize penguins or chickens or ducks in his picture books. Honest, we have been sticking with cows and pigs and bananas and trucks for the most part, going very light-handed on the bird thing.

But I guess Aiden does see his Ma-moo and Da-doo looking through those curious binoculars all the time, so when he got a pair for Christmas from his Grandma, he immediately began carrying them everywhere and "birding" all over the house. We're not sure he actually focuses on objects through them yet (a lot of the time he looks just over the eyepieces) but he's got the right idea and I must say, we couldn't be prouder :)



Is that a Hoary Redpoll I see?


I think I've spotted something....

Oh my! It's a...

Chickadee!

No comments: