Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yay GIANTS!

Ok, so Andy was pretty excited (and mildly shocked) at the Giants winning the superbowl last weekend. Mini-Manning, as we like to call him, was also excited, though he had no clue on earth why. We taught him to stretch up his arms when we shouted "touchdown!" and he did the rest on instinct, running around like a standard crazy baby.

The whole thing was pretty funny for me, since I have never been able to get into football anyway... no matter how hard I concentrate I can't piece out or recognize particular plays; it always just looks like a bunch of people running straight into each other like a bighorn sheep rut. I do remember at the start of the season Andy's comment was "wow, the Giants are going to suck this year," and after the first few games he and his brother were discussing who the Giants should select as their first-round draft pick, since obviously they would have the worst record in the league. So, like i said, the whole season has been amusing to watch from my perspective. Though I imagine last Sunday was not so amusing for all our friends who happen to be Pats fans. Oh well, there's always next year!




.
We had planned to smoke some ribs in our new electric smoker since Andy's Dad was coming up last weekend. When he had to postpone his trip, we decided to make them anyway to eat during the big game. They turned out pretty good, we loved the cola sauce mop but I think we could have smoked them a few more hours so they would be falling off the bone.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never said the sucked. I always thought they would win. I knew this would be the best team ever from day one. I never complained about how much they sucked because they never sucked!!! NOT. This is what causes gray hairs and shortens life expectancies. Way to go Big Blue. I love you through thick and thin even though sometimes you drive me crazy.....kinda like my wife!

Anonymous said...

I know. I don't know what she is talking about. I remember after the second week dan and I were discussing that this was a minor setback and they would still beat the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl. I think crazy uncle dan even predicted Tyree would make a great play. Predicted it alllll along.

Sarah said...

I just want to say - cool kitchen crock! :)