Friday, July 16, 2010

Stubborn Already!

Baby Haley seems determined NOT to come out, despite the utter incompetence of my cervix. It's been over a week since the doctors removed my cerclage stitch and .... nothing. She's got an ultimatum of next week though, when we have a scheduled c-section one day before my actual due date. Apparently induction is not an option when you have already had one previous c-section, so we will go with the flow and do whatever is best and safest for her arrival. I'm feeling remarkably good... much healthier and stronger than I did several weeks ago when I first got off bedrest, so trying to enjoy these last days of relative freedom while they last.

Wednesdays at New London Farmer's Market


So MANY berries....


As we wait for the big day, summer marches on... we have been on raspberry picking excursions, spent lots of time at Elkins Beach, gone dragonhunting, and Aiden even had his first "date" (chaperoned, of course) to the theatre with his friend Molly to watch Little Red Riding Hood. The Red Barn Playhouse in New London puts on different plays for kids (and adults) all summer long, and I'd been wanting to take Aiden for awhile now. The kids were not sure what to make of this 50s "sock hop" musical verision of Red Riding Hood, but Christine (Molly's mom) and I thought it was cute!

Aiden and Molly at the Barn Playhouse

Aiden w/ Black Tipped Darner
Dragonhunting in the bog

1 comment:

Chris and Preston said...

So glad you are getting out to enjoy some summer fun with the family!