Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Girly-girl

So much for encouraging our little girl to be a tomboy. Before Haley was born I went through all of Aiden's old clothes and saved quite a few of them, determined that Haley would wear those jean overalls and blue striped shirts proudly. I did pass on the ones with dump trucks and dinosaurs, and anything that said "little man" on the front; I'm not crazy. But then we received tubs of amazing hand-me-down girl clothes, and gorgeous new gifted girl clothes, so many that Haley can't possibly wear any one outfit out before she outgrows it. And then Haley refused to grow any hair. The problem with that is, whenever she wears something androgynous, people inevitably say, "Aww, how old is the little guy?" or "What a big boy!"




So I've made my peace with the pink. And the fairies. And the flowers. And she IS pretty stinkin' cute in a tutu. Once she gets some hair though... it's on with the Carhartts!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the tutu, Haley. Do you think Mom and Dad will let you wear it when you go bird watching?
Grandma Chris