Saturday, January 3, 2009

Birds of 2008


So I know you are all dying to know what our year list came out to in 2008! The suspense is killing you.

It was 253. For the second year in a row, Andy and I ended up with the exact same total, although we didn't see exactly the same birds. We didn't come close to our best year, but we did beat last year (249) by a few birds, so that was nice. We each had 45 lifers - almost all of them from our trip to southeast Arizona last march.

I am completely failing to keep up the "birds we have seen" list on our blog sidebar, so I'm going to eliminate that in 2009 and just record life birds. Simplify. That is my new years resolution! But don't worry, Andy keeps two separate excel spreadsheets and a relational database of all sightings. We're covered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew I was worried...............