Saturday, April 3, 2010

Grandma Goodness


Aiden learned an important lesson last week. He learned that everything is better when Grandma is here. When Grandma is here, you get to watch cool new movies like Mary Poppins and The Muppets and The Fox & the Hound; you get to make chocolate frosted cupcakes; you get to decorate eggs; you get to play baseball and ride your bike outside; and you get to visit the planetarium, library, and local sugarhouses. Normally you might get one or two of these things with Mom and Dad, but when Grandma is here... life is really good.











Since we aren't sugaring in VT this year, we had to go find a local sugarhouse (this one is in Sunapee, NH) to get our yearly fix of Maple Cream (mmmmm....). Grandma Chris also got Maple Pancake mix and treated us all to a delicious breakfast on the weekend.




What surprises me is that they actually bother to put 2% maple syrup in Log Cabin!







Thanks to Uncle Kenny (and Ian!) for the huge stash of "vintage" matchbox cars and trucks. Aiden is in heaven!


Thanks for a great visit Grandma Chris!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to the visit and hate having to leave. Can't wait to see you in July.
Grandma Chris

Carrie said...

How was the syrup season up in your parts? I heard on NPR that NY State had a very poor season with a too cold start and an abrubt early finish with all of this warm weather. I guess I'd gladly buy my syrup from Canada in exchange for a nice warm early spring!

Carrie said...

Seems like it was a pretty short sugaring season here- its so warm now I'd guess everyone is pretty much finished. I agree w/ you though- this year I'd rather have the warm weather!