Friday, February 26, 2010

Mother knows...not much apparently

So much for mother's intuition. I have been absolutely convinced that the little one we're cooking is a boy. In my dreams I've pictured this little guy swaddled up in a blue blanket and little blue cap, and I've even been subconsciously preparing myself for a household with two small boys running rampant and a sizeable testosterone imbalance. But after this week's ultrasound, it was clear there are no "boy parts" as they say. We're having a girl!




Of course, we are just thrilled and relieved that everything is going smoothly so far and the little one looks healthy and on track... it will be a new adventure to have a baby girl though, and we're looking forward to that. Aiden is excited at the thought of a baby sister, who he would like to name "sister" (very creative) and who hopefully will like trucks and tools as much as he does!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you might guess, I'm thrilled about having a granddaughter. As Jeannie said when I told her the news, "Finally some girls in this family".
Grandma Chris

Sarah said...

Congratulations Carrie, Andy and Aiden! Love the ultrasound pictures.

Crazy Uncle Dan said...

Watch out for Aunt Paulette. She has 3 nephews on her side and has been waiting for a girl. The baby's first words might be accessorize or manicure! EWWWWW girly girls. I dont know what to do with little girls. At least boys you can play rough and get dirty and stuff.

Carrie said...

I'm guessing this little girl will be good for some tickling just like the boys! Paulette can take her shopping and to the hair and nail salons whenever we visit b/c i don't even know where to find those! She'll probably like worms and bugs, don't worry...